The Foster Closet is an all volunteer tax-exempt non-profit organization formed to provide aid to the Foster Care Community by supplying clothing and other items free of charge to children in Foster Care. We believe that children in foster care should live as normal a life as possible experiencing love, respect, and a kinder side of life while in their foster care home environment. By providing these children with new or gently used and up-to-date clothing, and supplies, we can help raise their self-esteem so they can feel good about themselves regardless of their unfortunate situation. With this in mind, we have developed guidelines to ensure that these special children have decent, clean clothing and safe equipment to meet their needs. Your kindness and generosity will make a significant positive impact on their young lives. THANK YOU!
We accept the following material donations:
(PLEASE DO NOT donate dirty, stained, torn, broken or items with missing parts)
- New or gently used and up-to-date clothing. Preemie to teen sizes.
- Please ensure that clothing is clean, stain and hole free.
- Undergarments & Socks:
- Must be NEW.
- CLEAN and very gently used or new shoes are accepted. Infant through young adult sizes. Please ensure that shoes are CLEAN.
- Car Seats:
- WE NO LONGER ACCEPT USED CAR SEATS OR BOOSTERS. We ACCEPT ONLY NEW CARSEATS STILL IN THE BOX.
- We DO NOT accept drop side cribs due to liability issues. We accept Toddler beds, dressers, bookcases, etc. No cracked or peeling paint.
- Mattresses should have NO rips or tears AND should not be soiled.
- Bedding & Linens:
- Must be NEW
- Baby Gear:
- Baby Swings
- Bouncy Seats
- Baby Carriers
- All types and styles accepted.Please ensure that they are clean and have no broken or missing parts, and have not been recalled.
- Diapers and Formula:
- Diapers and pull-ups – all sizes (must be NEW)
- Formula (formula must be unopened & within expiration date).
- Toys & Books:
- We DO NOT ACCEPT USED TOYS only NEW, unopened for The Birthday Club or Christmas and special occasions.
Donation Location & Hours:
710 East Garfield Street, Suites 344 & 346,
Monday-Friday, 1pm – 6pm
Park on the corner of 8th Street and Custer. Enter corner door. Immediately on your left, take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Laramie Foster Closet is the first set of doors on your left.
Thank you for donating to the Foster Closet.
Remember, a small act of kindness can change a life!